News Photography





The French Gendarmerie Nationale are amongst the toughest Police force in the world. These guys sort situations out first then ask questions later ( I suspect they get away with not asking too many questions at all...)
In Paris last February I was on the scene of a number of of civil disputes regarding university fee increases. In one week we saw 3 of these 'manifestations'. The Gendams were not too impressed having their photos taken.
At one gathering near Gare de Nord where tear gas was used against the crowd I saw a photographer have his camera confiscated ( he was given no receipt or documentation).
Around the corner from another protest I came across a full body armour clad Gendam relieving himself against a wall ... I got one slightly blurred shot before he turned and told me to ^%$& off.

No comments:

Post a Comment